In order to obtain a PPL (H) a candidate needs to complete an approved course set out by the CAA. The minimum requirements are:
- A minimum of 45 hours flight instruction, at least 10 of which must be pilot in command (i.e. solo). 5 hours dual instrument appreciation.
- Obtain either a class 1 or class 2 Medical Certificate from an Authorised Medical Examiner. (you will need this before flying solo).
- Pass 7 ground exams in Aviation Law and operational procedures, Human Performance, Navigation and Radio Aids, Meteorology, Aircraft General and Principles of Flight, Flight Planning and Performance and Communications.
- Fly a solo cross country flight of more than 100 nautical miles and include landing away at 2 aerodromes enroute.
- Obtain a Radiotelephony License.
- Pass a PPL License Skill Test, with an authorised flight examiner.
All aspects are done in house except the medical, contact details for your local authorised medical examiner can be obtained from helinorth.
All study material can be purchased from us when required.